Who Needs a Health Coach?
What is health? The definition of health really depends upon who you ask. A lot of people connect health to their weight, and weight to calories. However, health encompasses so much more than calories consumed or even just weight, but the struggle to be healthy is real.
Do you find the endless and ever-changing information about nutrition and exercise hard to understand and even confusing at times? Knowledge is power. Having the right information will lead you in the right direction and guide you along your journey to health. A health coach is able to bring all of the information together, personalize it for you, and present it in a way that’s easy to understand and apply. You will gain useful knowledge and the tools needed to have true control of your health by putting that knowledge into action.
Some of the things a health coach has to offer include:
1. Help with understanding what your goals are and developing SMART goals to help you reach them – very few people are able to articulate their goals and formulate a realistic plan to successfully reach them
2. Disease prevention and/or management – there are ways to reduce your risk of chronic disease and ways to help manage or even reverse current disease (think heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, etc)
3. Extensive information that is presented in a way that is easy to understand – you won’t need a medical dictionary to decipher the information but yet still have a whole new understanding of how your body works
4. A holistic view of health and healthcare – healthy life not just a healthy diet but a comprehensive approach to living
5. Encouraging and aiding in behavioral change – it is necessary to develop new healthy habit that will replace the unhealthy ones you are leaving behind
6. Providing a deeper understanding of obesity and little known contributing factors – our present-day environment contributes to obesity in ways you would never think
7. Individually designed support unique to each person’s needs – everyone has varying needs and levels of understanding so the personalization of a health coach addresses your specific needs
8. More time and attention – receive uninterrupted time to discuss all of your questions and concerns. Wait, what??? Yes, you read that correctly! In this crazy healthcare environment, a health coach takes the time you want and deserve
9. Build a working relationship – develop mutual trust and understanding
10. Develop skills that will last a lifetime – break the endless cycle of fad diets, weight loss and weight gain while forging a new path of health and wellness
People who seek support in reaching their health goals are more successful than those who don’t. Frequent communication in person, over the phone and online will help to encourage you and hold you accountable to the goals you have developed. You will feel empowered to take control of your health and well-being as you learn about stress management, quality sleep hygiene, travel tips, mindful movement, and hunger. You will learn how these, and other topics, are each an equally important part of a healthy lifestyle.
Now is the best time to begin. Life will always be busy, and you will always be able to find reasons not to start. Decide to put your health first. Give Enhance Health a call today. We will partner with you on your journey to health.